HIGH-VISCOSITY KAOLIN CLAY-BASED RETRACTION PASTE
Access Edge is a high-viscosity, kaolin clay-based gingival retraction paste. It contains kaolin clay, to gently separate the gingiva from the tooth, plus aluminum chloride to help control bleeding and prevent seepage. Access Edge is injected subgingivally or packed around the tooth, then left in place for a minimum of 2 minutes. As the paste dries, Access Edge creates gentle, yet effective retraction to open the sulcus. The aluminum chloride and kaolin clay act to control bleeding and prevent seepage, keeping the sulcus dry.
– Atraumatic gingival retraction without packing cord
– Dual astringent/hemostatic action – 15% aluminum chloride and kaolin clay
– Can be used as a second cord in a “2-cord technique”
– Removes easily and rinses away
– Convenient prefilled unit-dose tips eliminate cross-contamination
– Individually packaged in foil pouches to keep material fresh
– Can be used anytime a hemostatic agent is indicated
– Made in the USA
Access Edge 15
(360113), contains 15 prefilled tubes, 30 dispensing tips, 10 large GingiCaps and 10 regular GingiCaps.
Access Edge 60
(360114), contains 60 prefilled tubes, 120 dispensing tip, 30 large GingiCaps and 30 regular GingiCaps.
Access Edge Features:
– Prefilled tip – automix delivery – no mixing needed
– Unit-dose delivery – no big bulky cartridges or syringes
– Disposable – single patient use
– Individually packaged in foil pouches – keeps material fresh, perfect inventory control and no cross-contamination
– Quick retraction – minimum of 2 minutes
– Potent astringent/hemostatic action – built-in astringent of aluminum chloride combined with kaolin clay
– Control of fluids – kaolin clay acts as drying agent to absorb excess fluids
– Minimally-invasive and tissue friendly – quick and easy tissue displacement through combined mechanical and chemical means that works gently with no tissue trauma
– Price point – best value on the market
How to Use this Product
1. Prepare the tooth for the desired restoration.
2. Remove the unit-dose tip from the foil package and insert into any Centrix C-R® Syringe. Remove the cap and attach a NeedleTip™.
3. Slowly inject paste into and around the gingival sulcus. If desired, place Centrix GingiCap™ compression caps, cotton rolls or any other compression product over the paste to enclose it in place in and around the sulcus. Then have your patient bite down and hold.
4. Leave in place for a minimum of 2 minutes for paste to control the fluids and create retraction.
5. Rinse thoroughly and dry the site. It’s important to remove the paste completely from the sulcus, as residue may inhibit set of impression materials or distort digital imaging. Repeat if necessary.
6. Take your impression, using any impression materials or digital imaging.
7. Dispose of cap, tip and foil pouch properly. Disinfect syringe for subsequent use. Paste contains approximately 15% aluminum chloride along with kaolin clay. Do not use on patients with known sensitivity to aluminum chloride. Do not get into eyes; rinse with copious amounts of water if contact occurs.